Promoting Student Success
School Mission Statement
Hill-Venable is dedicated to total school success and lifelong learning
through the positive interaction of home, school and community.
School Belief Statements
- Student learning is the chief priority of our school.
- The education of a child is the responsibility of the child, the parents and the school
- All students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- A positive learning environment with mutual respect among students and staff promotes student self esteem and positive behavior.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- All students have the right to learn in a safe, disruptive-free environment.
commitment to continuous improvement is imperative to enable students
and staff to become confident, self-directed lifelong learners.
Buncombe County Schools Vision Statement
Preparing all students to realize their potential in a rapidly changing, diverse, global society.